KIDS' KAFE summer lunch program begins on June 10 - donation list on next page. Contact the office for more information or to register.
MISSION and PURPOSE
Red Lion Area Community Services, Inc. [501 (c)3] is a not-for-profit, local cooperative ministry of compassion. A faith-based, community-supported, human services agency providing resources and programs for residents of the surrounding area for more than 35 years.
FOOD PANTRY - by appointment.
Handicap parking is available beside the main entrance.
RLACS implements a variety of programs, such as nutrition, budget counseling, and money management classes, which encourage clients in their life-skills. Most programs are open to the public but focus on client needs. Contact the office for information.
TH / 9AM - 2PM > food distribution by appointment.
F / 9AM - 12noon
Office Manager - Bev Crossland
HOW TO APPLY - Applicants must provide photo ID and proof of address plus the names and birthdates for every person residing in the household. All clients eligible to receive food items provided thru the state food allotment must sign the self-declaration of eligibility form required by the state.
*Information and Referral: Direct clients to available agencies and resources for assistance according to the need, plus other RLACS programming.
* Warm Program: Distribution of donated blankets, hats, gloves, scarves, socks, sweaters; as donations allow; each fall/winter.
* Bags of Blessings: Extra holiday meal items provided for Thanksgiving, Christmas,and Easter; donations of hams and turkeys are needed for this program each fall and spring.
* Programs for Children: Provide donated school supplies and backpacks in August for students' Back-to-School needs. Kids' Kafe' provides bag lunches during the summer months. Christmas Wish List matches age-appropriate donations with the needs of a child or family; sponsors needed in Nov/Dec.
* Life Skills Training: Offer workshops/classes to provide information needed for budgeting, nutrition, wellness, parenting, etc.
* Financial Assistance: Provide limited help for eligible households to prevent loss of utilities; as funds allow.
* Emergency assistance: Homeless, elderly, abused, or disaster-related situations are handled on a priority-need basis.
Serving the boroughs and towns of Brogue, Collinsville, Craley, Dallastown, East Prospect, Felton, Freysville, New Bridgeville, Windsor, Winterstown, Yoe, Yorkana, and the general Red Lion Area. Contact the office for more information.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Policy development, leadership, and accountability are provided by the Board of Directors which is comprised of community volunteers and is amenable to the agency's constitution and by-laws.
Executive Director: coordinates services and oversees daily agency operations; fund-raising and community-related events.
Office Manager: processes client records and general office responsibilities; oversees referrals and client-related assistance.
Volunteer Staff: assist with basic office duties; sort donations; stock food pantry; pack groceries, shopping, distribute food on weekly appointment days; general errands.
Community Volunteers: collect and deliver donations from local churches and organizations; various small tasks of support.
Work Teams: maintenance, repairs, upgrades, general cleaning, specific tasks.
RLACS, Inc. relies entirely on volunteers, in-kind donations, monetary gifts, food pantry donations, fund-raising events, and grants and endowments.
LIHEAP > heating fuel[1/800/991-0929] - PCAP > electric bills[1/888/782-6816]
COMMUNITY PROGRESS COUNCIL > [717/417-3354] Louise Burns /director Red Lion office located on E.Lancaster St./ off rte.74(S)
HOUSING AUTHORITY > rental and eviction assistance [717/771-5110]
ACCESS/YORK > available for victims of domestic violence [717/846-5400]
OVR > employment counseling for persons with disabilities [717/771-4407]; counselor is now available at the 15 First Avenue Red Lion site by appointment; (entrance and parking for OVR appointments are at the rear of the building, lower level, handicap assessible)